HIGHLIGHTS FROM PAST WEEK
Since we just met last week, this is an abbreviated report of activity:
- On April 11th, Keith King and I traveled to Fairmount to meet re: HB 489. In addition, we looked at the City Hall; Municipal Court, Library, ball fields and site of project Pinhook.
- Bud Owens and I met with representatives from Gordon Hospital regarding the EMS contract.
- Norris Sexton and I attended the E911 Appreciation Banquet.
- I received an inspection report from Santek showing 100% compliance with the operating permit requirements at Red Bones Ridges Landfill.
- Tire amnesty day held, on Saturday, April 14, was a huge success with about two full tractor trailer loads of tires collected.
- I drove through the parking lot at Salacoa around mid day on Saturday. There were about twenty two vehicles at the boat launch and numerous boats on the water. There were several cars and trucks from Pickens, Bartow, and Whitfield Counties indicating out of town usage of the park.
- On Friday the 13th, Jeff Champion, Keith King and I met with the D.A. and Chief Judge’s assistant at the second floor of the Plaza to refine work space needs during the Annex renovation.