Salacoa Creek Park
Salacoa Creek Park is a 364 acre recreational area consisting of 32 RV sites, 25 primitive camping sites, restrooms, 126 acre lake, swimming and beach area, 2 playgrounds, picnic pavilion, boat launch area, and a 1.5 mile nature trail.
Driving Directions: I-75 Exit 315, go east on SR 156 (Redbud Road) 10 miles
Roger Peace, Park Caretaker
388 Park Drive
Ranger, GA 30734
Park Office: 706-629-3490
Park Caretaker: 770-773-0404
Season: Park is open from the first weekend in April to the first weekend in November.
Facilities and Things to Do:
- 32 RV sites with 30 amp electric hook-ups, water,
fire ring, picnic table, deck, and dump station.
- 3 primitive camping sites with restrooms and shower facilities.
- 1 picnic pavilion for 75-100 people with electric and water.
- Swimming beach (lifeguards on duty from Memorial Day to Labor Day).
- Boat launch area and john boat rentals (electric motors only).
- 1.5 mile nature trail.
- 2 playgrounds.
- Swimming: Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, (and Mondays on holiday weekends) 12pm-7p.m. Swimming Fees: $3.00 for adults and $2.00 for students and 5 & under free
- Fishing: Season Dates are the first weekend in April to the first weekend in November. Electric Motors Only. The speed rule for the lake is 10 mph. $3.00 per person per day. (Ages 10 & under FREE/Ages 60 & over are FREE)
- Boat Rental: $10.00 per 3 hrs.
- Picnic Pavilion: BY RESERVATION – 4 hours- $30.00 / 8 hours $60.00. The Pavilion can accommodate about 100 people and include a grill, and picnic tables. No lights or electricity is available.
- RV Camping: Seasonal Dates are the first weekend in April to the first weekend in November. Contact the Park caretaker for reservations of RV sites. There is no minimum allowed time on RV sites. Maximum stay of 14 days.
- RV Camping Fees: $18.00 per night per RV site. Each site includes water, electricity, picnic table, fire pit, and deck.
- Tent camping: $11.00 per night per site.
- Free Activities: 1 mile nature trail & playground