Tax Assessor’s Office
The three-member Board of Tax Assessors is appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Board of Tax Assessors is responsible for hiring the Chief Appraiser, Deputy Chief Appraiser, and all other staff inside the Tax Assessors Office. The Chief Appraiser and his/her staff are responsible for the following:
- Determining what property in the county is subject to taxation.
- Preparing the annual property tax assessments.
- Preparing the annual tax digest.
- Examining and correcting errors in all real and personal property.
- Ensuring all property is returned at a fair valuation.
- Hearing appeals regarding property tax valuations.
- Maintaining county tax and map records
- Inspecting Mobile homes to ensure proper decals are displayed.
- Assisting in any other task assigned by the Board of Assessors.
These tasks are completed while adhering to policies and procedures set forth by the Gordon County Board of Assessors as well as the Georgia Department of Revenue.
For more information on our office and the services it provides please visit our website at gordonassessors.com
The Gordon County Board of Assessors will provide and defend uniform fair market values on all taxable properties within the county in order to establish an equitable digest. The Board of Assessors shall provide an accurate and timely digest to the County Commission, Board of Education, and the Tax Commissioner so that property taxes can be levied and collected. We will do these things while providing prompt, courteous, and professional services to the citizens of Gordon County.
Dana Burch, Chief Appraiser
Ashley Bailey, Deputy Chief Appraiser
Gordon County Government Plaza, First Floor
215 North Wall Street
Calhoun, GA 30701