Gordon County is currently accepting applications for the position of Basic Firefighter. Qualified applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications and/or abilities:
- Be at least 18 Years of Age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited program.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License (processing to class E or F) and maintain throughout employment.
- Be physically prepared to take a Timed, Pass or Fail test, which is the Gordon County Fire. Rescue Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as prescribed by the Georgia Firefighter’s Standards and Training Council (GFSTC.)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to pass a physical exam/drug screening.
- Successful Candidates will be required to complete and pass an 8-week Rookie School to become a State of Georgia Certified Firefighter and maintain this certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain an Advanced EMT Certification within 2 years of completion of Rookie School and maintain throughout employment.
- Please direct any questions regarding qualifications & requirements to Training Chief Nathan Saylors at 706-263-5293.
Applications will be accepted at the Gordon County Human Resources office located in the County Administration Building, 201 North Wall Street, Calhoun, Georgia 30701. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may also be faxed to 706-629-9516 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A job description and other pertinent information may be picked up with the application. Please complete an official application and consent forms available at the County Administration Building or download online at gordoncounty.org. Gordon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.