Gordon County is currently accepting applications for the position of Basic Firefighter. Qualified applicants should possess the following minimum qualifications and/or abilities:
- Be at least 18 Years of Age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited program.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License (processing to class E or F) and maintain
- Be physically prepared to take a Timed, Pass or Fail test, which is the
Gordon County Fire. Rescue Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as prescribed by
the Georgia Firefighter’s Standards and Training Council (GFSTC.)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to pass a physical exam/drug screening.
- Successful Candidates will be required to complete and pass an 8 week
Rookie School to become a State of Georgia Certified Firefighter and
maintain this certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain an Advanced EMT Certification within 2 years of
completion of Rookie School and maintain throughout employment.
Please direct any questions regarding qualifications & requirements to Training Chief Nathan Saylors at 706-263-5293.
Applications will be accepted online only. Please go to https://gordoncounty.seamlessdocs.com/f/employmentapplication Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Gordon County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.