This is not a Gordon County position. Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and State of Georgia Sensitive Position Employment Application http://www.gapubdef.org/images/employment/State_Application-Sensitive-Position-3.3.15.pdf to Rachael Deems via email to email@example.com. Resumes without the applications and cover letters will not be reviewed. The office phone number is 678/721-3250
Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant II
State Level Position
Location: CHEROKEE JUDICIAL CIRCUIT (Not Cherokee County)
Main Office Location – Gordon County
Deadline: Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with Administrative Assistant II
Job Description and Requirements: Administrative Assistant II
The CHEROKEE Circuit Public Defender’s Office is hiring an Administrative Assistant. This is a state position with state benefits. Under general supervision, this position performs a wide range of office administration duties.
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
- Conducts extensive research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete projects and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
- Analyzes problems, questions, issues, etc to develop and report recommendations for resolving them.
- Assists supervising staff in organizing and executing routine activities and special projects.
- Documents data/information such as office work activities, purchasing, budget expenditures, program changes, and resource utilization. Prepares reports and communications.
- May act as liaison with outside organizations (e.g. banks, vendors, creditors, and other agencies) to gather or report program-related information.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient function of the Circuit Public Defender office.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, conferences, seminars, and travel calendars.
- Provides administrative and/or technical assistance to clients and staff.
- Researches and/or resolves client issues or questions and prepares documents. May represent the manager in various matters.
- Reviews, processes, or issues licenses, applications, bylaws, reports, fees, intelligence data, etc.
Technical Competencies include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of agency rules, policies, and procedures
- Ability to use computer programs, calendar functions, and electronic research sources
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize workload
- Ability to provide support services to both clients and staff
- Ability to use proper judgment in selecting which issues to handle or re-direct
- Ability to identify client’s issues and provide a satisfactory resolution
Entry Qualifications: Associates’s degree from an accredited college AND One year of work-related experience OR Three years of work-related experience
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and State of Georgia Sensitive Position Employment Application http://www.gapubdef.org/images/employment/State_Application-Sensitive-Position-3.3.15.pdf to Rachael Deems via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without the applications and cover letters will not be reviewed. The office phone number is 678/721-3250