The Gordon County Board of Commissioners are proud to announce that the Gordon County Parking Deck is now open to the public. The parking deck public has access from Piedmont Street and Boston Road and it consist of 127 parking spaces.
Thank you to:
- Thank you to the voters who made this possible.
- Thank you to State Representative Johnny Meadows, City of Calhoun Mayor Jimmy Palmer, and The Chamber of Commerce, for continually championing the SPLOST for Gordon County.
- Thank you to the contractors and architects: Fox Brindle, Ra-Lin, and Pieper O’Brien Herr Architects.
This is a great SPLOST project that the whole community can benefit from.
Posted on April 14, 2015
Gordon County is excited to announce that the Gordon County Parking Deck is nearing completion. At a recently held meeting with the general contractors, architect, and county officials the last few remaining items were discussed and scheduled for completion.
“We are very proud of the job that Fox Brindle, Ra-Lin, and Pieper O’Brien Herr Architects have done for Gordon County. The decision to use precast concrete is the key factor in such a time efficient construction especially during a very wet winter.” – Martin Vaughn, Purchasing Director
The new parking deck will have approximately 125 parking spaces and the parking deck will have public access from Piedmont Street and Boston Road.
The dedication and grand opening for the parking deck will be sometime in early May and we will post the date as soon as a definite date is given.
Original Post on August 20, 2014
The replacement parking deck is to consist of 125 to 130 parking places and the deck is to be 3 stories. Piper O’Brien Herr Architects are currently designing the parking deck and will assist with the selection of the contractor and bidding the project.
The information listed below outlines a timeline and we will do our best to update this post as we receive new information.
- July 30, 2014 before 2:00 p.m. – Request for Qualifications is due
- The list of qualified contractors was selected on August 13, 2014.
The top 4 contractors selected to bid on the parking deck project are:Brasfield & Gorrie (Kennesaw, GA)
Lusk & Company (Alpharetta, GA)
RA-Lin & Associates and Fox & Brindle (Carrollton, GA & Calhoun, GA)
Turner Construction (Atlanta, GA)
- On or around October 7, 2014 – Bid will awarded to best company bidding.
- On or around October 20, 2014 – Construction will begin on parking deck
- On or around March 23, 2015 Parking Deck will open